Thursday, January 8, 2009

Someday We'll Laugh About This

I thought I would share this email that I sent out to everyone at my Office today.

Apparently this week is “Someday We’ll Laugh About This Week”. How many of you knew that? (well Belinda – as she reads the same online magazine as I do)
I read that and I started to think about some of the things we now laugh about that were not at all funny at the time. Some of my most embarrassing moments, moments when at the time I wanted to just curl up and die, and how now even I find them funny enough to tell the story.
That thought process led me along another path, maybe I need to stop and take a look at all that is happening around me right now and look for the humour – the one part that I will find funny later on. Maybe, just maybe, if I can do that, then the stress that I find myself in now will be relieved a bit.

And then – as my mind continued to wander , I thought maybe I should start a journal, start writing down some of these moments so that I can look back later and laugh. And then – the big revelation came – I ALREADY DO THAT! I have a blog, a blog that Is shared with my family and friends. In my blog, I tend to ramble about events in my life, some of the stressors that I face, the embarrassing moments and my triumphs. Once blogged, and posted, my family and friends read and comment. It is often reading the comments of those close to me that help me see the bigger picture and help work through the stress.

So in keeping with the celebration of SWLATW - I am challenging each and everyone of you to look at the things that are stressing you this week, and see if you can find the one thing that you know you will be laughing about someday – and then laugh about it today! And if you feel so inclined – share it with the rest of us – we would be happy to laugh with you!

Enjoy your day and look for a laugh!

I found this silly joke online and it made me laugh – so I am sharing it with you

What to do if Housework is getting you down.

1. Open a new file on your desktop.
2. Name it "Housework."
3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN
4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN
5. Your computer will ask you, "Are you sure you want to delete Housework permanently?"
6. Answer calmly, "Yes," and press the mouse button firmly....
7. Feel better?
I hope you got a giggle out of that! Have a great day!

Laura

1 comment:

Denise Nagy said...

oddly enough it felt GREAT! you made me think what else can I delete permanently?...
HAPPY WEEKEND!

Brought to you by
'Misfusl' sounds like a furry teacher to me!!

 
©2011 Designs by Dana