Thursday, January 22, 2009

Children in the workplace

There is a lot of material written about children in the workplace, on site day cares, flexible hours for parents etc.

I have decided that I have the best arrangement for children in the workplace! On Tuesday - as you have read previously, the sick kid spent the day with me - traveling from office to office - and yesterday stayed at home with Dad - who worked from the living room.

Today - once again - the kid has a fever so he is here with me in the office. The wonderful thing about my employers is that they have no problem with kids in the office as long as they are not being disruptive. And seeing as I am the only person in this particular office today - no one would even know. I did call my boss and let her know that I would have him with me again today.

That said - it is now 12:30 and I am having lunch. We have been here since 9:15 and my wonderful child has not interrupted me once. He has been extremely quiet, (a good sign he is not 100%). Playing a game or watching a movie and just in general being a good kid.

I am very thankful for understanding bosses that honour family values and allow me to do two things at once, take care of Brian and work at the same time. And should he still be under the weather tomorrow - maybe I will try to work from home.

Now if we could just get him feeling better and back to school!!!!

No comments:

 
©2011 Designs by Dana