Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving weekend!

Yesterday we went to visit Paige and her parents and siblings. She is very sweet!

Today - we are at church (oops --- blogging in church?) and after the service we are having lunch and then we are heading to my Mom's for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner - Chinese Food! It should be a fun afternoon of visiting and feasting! My brother emailed me last week and asked if we would be having Turkey Chow Mein with a cranberry soy reduction! Once I stopped laughing I called him and had a great chat! So maybe Chinese food is not traditional in Canada - but the food is not as important as the company and the opportunity to give thanks.

Tomorrow - we are heading to Sylvia's for a small intimate Turkey dinner. There will be 25-26 people (2 kids) and all the traditional Canadian foods, Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, neeps, brussels, green beans, gravy and pumkin pie.

Tuesday - we will be fasting!!!

In the spirit of Thankfulness - here is my list - I am so thankful for my family - I believe that my family is the best! My children are caring and loving, my Husband is my friend. While our family may not be perfect - it is AWESOME! I am thankful for my extended family and my circle of friends! I am thankful that we all have jobs! I am thankful for the joy of being a grandparent and I look forward to more grandchildren (hint hint).

I thank God daily for all of these blessings!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And to you, too!
mmmmmm turkezine...

 
©2011 Designs by Dana