Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is that a Combo?

She said - I said "no- just the burger and drink" and so the confusion began!

I had a really tough morning and was looking for comfort food. I made a choice (not the best one but what can I say) to have a cheeseburger for lunch - but not the fries!! That way I could reason I had made at least one good choice.

I drove up to the window of the burger joint and ordered a cheese burger, no lettuce and tomatoe and a diet coke please. She said "that will be $7.29 at the next window please." (i was not at the cheap burger joint as you can see)

I went to the next window and she said "the combo is on special and will be much cheaper". So I said - "ok I'll have the combo but i dont want the fries." She said "i cant do that, so you want onion rings or a ceasar salad?" I said "really all i want is the burger and the drink - but i would like to pay the combo price" (the savings was almost a dollar) She said she wasnt allowed to do that. So I said"ok change my order to cheeseburger combo, no lettuce, no tomatoe and no fries"

She didnt' think that was funny. I told her she could give me the fries if she must but that i would throw them out at the end of the drivethru. At that the other woman at the window said - we'll charge you for the combo!

Now wasnt that the silliest situation! All i really wanted was a burger and a coke!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was God sending you a message: don't fall down the fast food slippery slope!!!
You succeeded. Good girl!

Kimpossible said...

That was awesome! It's amazing how we can all totally relate to that experience from one of those places. I loved the no lettuce, no tomato, no fries ,ine. I would have laughed!

 
©2011 Designs by Dana