Wednesday, February 22, 2012

12 DOWN - 28 TO GO

Sounds a bit like a score in game.  I guess in some ways it is.  My game of "radiation race".  I wonder if we could market it?  Doubt it - no one really wants to play, trust me!

Today I am finding the race to be tedious.  I know I shouldn't complain, but the "getting up in the morning, shower, get dressed, drive to cancer clinic, undress, get zapped, apply protective lotion, get dressed, drive to work, repeat 30 times" has gotten old already.  And I am at 12-28.   Yikes!! 

Time for an attitude adjustment I guess.  I am thankful that this treatment is available to me and so close to home.  I drive past the cancer clinic on my way to work on a regular day as it is.  I am also thankful that the side effects have been minor so far, just a little pink skin, feels like a mild sunburn and mild fatigue.  Today has been the worst fatigue day.  I would love to just curl up on the couch in our reception area and have a nap.  Unfortunately the unladylike snoring would be a bad first impression for our clients!!!  LOL.  So I will have another cup of coffee, to get a caffeine boost and carry on!

And that dear friends is my update!  12-28 and hanging in!  Thanks for all your prayers and support!!!!


No comments:

 
©2011 Designs by Dana