Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to Work I Go!

And not with a smile on my face this week. The week has just begun and I am already feeling overwhelmed and swamped.

I start every day by creating a to-do list. I list the 4 top things I need to do as soon as I get to the office ans once they are done create a new list of 4 to do. Today that list could easily have been 25. I dont even know where to start!

I need to find a method of dealing with the workload and the stress that does not immobilize me - any suggestions. I need to be able to be as productive in this stressful time as I would be any other time.

All suggestions gratefully accepted ......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The 4 by 4 to do list is a great approach.
I would also start a daybook-if you find there are things getting missed...
Channel a bit of Sara....ok it's 4pm--time to do "blah" no matter what

PrincessButtercup said...

I have heard many inspirational speakers talk about the issue of the to do list. Most of them have said that doing the to do list before bed with 5 things that are possible are the way to success. When my anxiety and depression get to the level that I am unable to maintain a level head, I do practice it. For instance, I list off things I know that I can do and feel the sence of accomplishment without actually making a huge effort to do so making is sort of a springboard for the other seemingly insurmountable things to get done. My list sometimes looks like this:
Drink 2 glasses of water,
get bills paid,
eat lunch,
make dinner at 330,
take the kids for a walk
Somehow when I turn around after doing that list, I have added, bake, craft, play a game with the big kids and go to Walkmart...go figure eh?

I can't imagine what things you need to do, being in charge of an office, but in love I suggest that the way to the list of 4 things that you need to do at work could begin with easy things for you to do on your own to do list adding the "get the 4 things done at work list done" as one of your 5 :)

And the last thing I will say is that I don't mean this lightly or in a pansy fashion, I pray for you and will ask the Lord to not only lighten your load, but give you inspiration from the Holy Spirit to help you in your list making and finishing... love you! HUGS!

 
©2011 Designs by Dana