Thursday, January 19, 2012

Next Phase - Radiation

Met my Radiation Oncologist yesterday.  She is very nice.  Great bedside manner.  She talked about radiation and how it can reduce the risk of a local re-occurrence.  Decision was easy to make.  Radiation treatment is my next step in my treatment. (and hopefully the last step)   The Doctor told me that after the time I had with Chemo, radiation should be a cake walk.  Very few side effects,  mostly fatigue and some mild burning of the skin, like a sunburn.  And she is going to give me some creams to help with that!

Radiation treatment is everyday - Monday to Friday.  It should start the first week of February and will last for 6 weeks. 

So happy to be moving on with this final step of treatment.  Looking forward to my hair growing back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
©2011 Designs by Dana