Friday, March 5, 2010

How to respond?

Last night I had to tell Brian that the baby downstairs had passed away.  I asked him to pray for the parents and their family.  His immediate response was "I can't imagine how sad they are".

Me too!  I am so saddened by the news that this young couple have lost their less than 3 month old child.  How do you respond?  What can you do to help?  Is there any way to lessen their grief? 

Other than pray for them, and maybe make them dinner, I feel totally at a loss.  Suggestions?  Thanks!

2 comments:

Tara said...

what happened mom, was it because she was early??

I will be praying for them and other than giving her support there is nothing you can do to take that away from her. They will have to grieve and move on as hard as that is to imagine.

Be a good friend, and if she looks like she isn't coming around then talk to her husband about getting her to talk to someone.

I love you! Let us know if you want me to bring food for them on sunday!

Unknown said...

No. Someone in their comfort zone eeds to sit at their house and not say anything. And do little things behind the scenes when no one's looking.

 
©2011 Designs by Dana