Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday's Rock!

I started my day off in kind of a strange way -- I was at church, setting up the Easy Worship for the first Service. I had downloaded all the new backgrounds and was starting to set up the program when ..............

I was rudely awoken by Phil saying -- we need to hurry, it's 7:30 and we need to leave now.

That is right I was dreaming - dreaming of what I was going to do this morning. I was quite saddened to learn that we were not there yet.

So up we got, quickly got ready, got Brian up and dressed and off we headed to McDonalds drive thru for breakie. Hit the church right on time and settled in for next 3.5 hours. First service was good- missing some sound for the first part (someone had unplugged something!) Second service went off with out a hitch. The new backgrounds worked out awesome!

Brian spent both services in a ball on the floor, poor kid is barking when he coughs and was feeling pretty miserable! But he is a true trooper and he hung out with us with out complaint.

After the second service we invited Cathie, Gray and Isabelle to our house for sandwiches. Sounded like an easy lunch - Phil and I wanted Chicken Salad on potato buns. Yummmy! So we headed to IGA to get the best buns - they had lots, but now chicken salad or even a deli chicken to cut up for chicken salad. So off to Safeway we went. There we got the chicken salad and a few things for the sick kid!

After lunch we all watched Open Season 2. The DeForges left and the Langs took a nap.

Then it was off to hunt down some fish and chips for dinner (Phil's craving). Not as easy as it sounds, there are not too many fish and chip shops around anymore, and most of them are closed on Sunday. We found some and brought them home to eat while we watched America's Funniest Home Videos - which Brian slept through.

And now - because there is nothing on, Phil and I are watching the Grammy's and Brian is playing Maple Story. He is headed to the bath shortly and then off to bed!

Even with a sick child, we have had a great day, worshipping in the house of the Lord, spending time with family and friends. I think this is what Sunday's are made for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. And I'm going to call in an intervention on your addiction to apostrophes.

Laura said...

Too many ,,,,, for you? I can make shorter sentences if you like, but i like my way. I was not aware that all blogs had to be gramatically correct? is that a new rule? or is that a you rule? Have I used too many ????? LOL!!!!! I am heady with the power of punctuation now ---- watch out!!

 
©2011 Designs by Dana